The Bloomsbury Learning Exchange (BLE) is a digital education service, which exists to share good practice between its partners and enable collaboration on technology enhanced learning projects. We are a partnership of six co-located HE institutions in Bloomsbury, central London: Birkbeck, LSHTM, RVC, SOAS, UCL and the University of London.
- designs and creates resources and materials to develop the use of technology for learning and teaching
- organises training and awareness-raising events
- provides special interest groups for its partners to foster supportive networks
- engages in research into best practices and openly publishes the findings
- negotiates shared software licences, which support learning, teaching and research across the consortium
- secures external funding from organisations such as Jisc and UCISA
The BLE’s work is conducted through a fixed term, project-based approach, steered by an Advisory Board and defined by an enhancement theme.
Working together as a consortium enables the BLE partner institutions to share expertise and support that they might be unable to offer individually and allows them to benefit from cost efficiencies.
The BLE was established in 2004 and has grown steadily. As learning technology has changed, the BLE has adapted and changed with it.
This blog is a space which e-learning specialists in any of the member institutions can post with articles relevant to technology enhanced learning. Guest posts are welcomed too.